Summer Programs for Kids
June 16th-August 15th
- Tuesdays 10:30am Discover Zone (for ages 2-7) Your little ones will be discovering the world around them through stories, activities and crafts in this hands on exploratory program. No registration required. All are welcome! (NO PROGRAM ON JULY 1st)
- Wednesdays 10:30am Mad Scientists Club (for ages 7-12) For the older elementary students we will be spending the summer investigating the world of science through books, experiments, and many hands on activities. Registration Required. Email or stop by the library. (NO PROGRAM ON JULY 2nd)
- Thursday Mornings 10:30am Writers Workshop (for ages 7-12) Learn how to write and illustrate your own book and have it bound at the end of the summer! Registration required. Limited Space available! Email or stop by the library. (Dates for this program: June 19,26 July 17, 24, 31 August 7, 14)
2014 SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
How many minutes can we read this summer?
- Register each child for the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge at http://www.scholastic.com/summer
- Access reading lists, activities, reading logs, and lots of helpful information to get started. There is even an app to help you track your minutes!
- Encourage your child to read for 20 minutes a day this summer and avoid the “summer slide!”
- Come to any of our programs and that will count as 20 minutes
- Print out your reading log minutes and bring them to the library each week.
- Vote for the wacky stunt you want to see our Librarian Ms. Carin do at the end of the summer!
- If we can read 20,000 minutes this summer she will do whatever gets the highest votes!! (Email suggestions on what you think she should have to do!)